Thursday 18 December 2008

I think the problem is..

I was not very happy with the way my 3d walk went. I failed to relay my own gait. The main problem is the lenght of the stride. And the way that i carry a bit of weight. This just did not come off. The balance of the figure was too far back on the model. I am going to post the walk playbast and then you will see what i mean.

On the other hand i was quite happy with the 2d version. For me to get any likeness was quite a result. Ha. I got the arms a bit snappier and the stride right. I also got more of a feeling of weight, and the balance right. You could almost tell it was me; which was cool! With the confidence i am gaining from my life (and general) drawing and the use of a more affirmative line, plus addressing the volume issues, i am sure i can do better next time. The video below is the final attempt at the walk.

And this one is an earlier attempt.

No comments:

What do you want to see and hear more about?